HIGHLANDS BUSHWALKERS CLUB CHARTER
| Home | Walks | ClubInfo | Links
- To provide a variety of walks and activities for members
to participate in.
- To provide a forum for discussion on walking and
- To provide a means for people of similar interests to
- To provide basic training in bushwalking skills.
Responsibilities of Office Bearers
- To manage the club finances as to best meet the members
interests and needs.
- To plan events and distribute programs to members.
- To hear members comments and act on them as necessary.
- To make the club's activities known to interested members
of the public.
- To discuss issues that are raised by members or
correspondence to the club.
Responsibilities of Walks Leaders
- To become familiar with the areas in which they plan
- To advise members on their suitability for the walk(s)
that they are offering.
- To have sufficient skills of leadership, navigation,
bushcraft and first aid to conduct the walk in safety.
- To become familiar with strengths and weaknesses of
members on their walks and make rest/drink stops as
necessary (5-10 mins each hour, or as appropriate).
- To cancel a walk if insufficient numbers will be
Responsibilities of Members on Walks
Before the walk
- To contact the Walk Leader at least 2 days before the
walk is planned to start or a week before for a bus trip
- To provide information on health, fitness and needs to
help the leader determine if you could attempt the walk
- To ask questions of the walk leader to ensure that you
are adequately prepared to undertake the walk.
- To notify the leader if you have registered and are now
unable to attend.
- To leave details of the walk with a responsible adult.
During the walk
- To follow all instructions given by the leader.
- To be self sufficient in food, water, safety
equipment,medication and clothing on the walk.
- To be at the meeting point on time.
- Stay with the group and inform the leader or another
walker that you need to stop for any reason.
After the walk
- Provide some feedback to the leader on how you feel after
- Make suggestions, if necessary, as to how the walk may
include other alternative routes, stops, etc.