Southern Highlands Bushwalkers Inc
- To provide a variety of walks and activities for members to participate
- To provide a forum for discussion on walking and environmental issues.
- To provide a means for people of similar interests to meet socially.
- To provide basic training in bushwalking skills.
Responsibilities of Office Bearers
- To manage the club finances as to best meet the members interests and
- To plan events and distribute programs to members.
- To hear members comments and act on them as necessary.
- To make the club's activities known to interested members of the public.
- To discuss issues that are raised by members or correspondence to the
Responsibilities of Walks Leaders
- To become familiar with the areas in which they plan walks.
- To advise members on their suitability for the walk(s) that they are
- To have sufficient skills of leadership, navigation, bushcraft and first
aid to conduct the walk in safety.
- To become familiar with strengths and weaknesses of members on their
walks and make rest/drink stops as necessary (5-10 mins each hour, or as
- To cancel a walk if insufficient numbers will be participating.
Responsibilities of Members on Walks
Before the walk
- To contact the Walk Leader at least 2 days before the walk is planned to
start or a week before for a bus trip or back-pack.
- To provide information on health, fitness and needs to help the leader
determine if you could attempt the walk safely.
- To ask questions of the walk leader to ensure that you are adequately
prepared to undertake the walk.
- To notify the leader if you have registered and are now unable to
- To leave details of the walk with a responsible adult.
During the walk
- To follow all instructions given by the leader.
- To be self sufficient in food, water, safety equipment,medication and
clothing on the walk.
- To be at the meeting point on time.
- Stay with the group and inform the leader or another walker that you
need to stop for any reason.
After the walk
- Provide some feedback to the leader on how you feel after the walk.
- Make suggestions, if necessary, as to how the walk mayinclude other
alternative routes, stops, etc.